I reached Atlanta on 23rd evening at 6:30 pm (local time)from New York by Delta flight. I was very anxious to meet my father who suffered a brain stroke on 12th of this month while he was with chuttoo (my yougest brother).
After looking to his critical position in the hospital (WellStar Kennestone Hospital) while he was in ICU, I was speechless, I never thought of meeting him in this position, he was struggling with himself. He recognized me, blinked his eyes, cried, without making any sound, moved his eyeballs, left to right, right to left. The nurses have been nice, keeping him comfortable and taking proper care. Mummy was all in tears.
We dont know the future. What is going to happen in the next moment, no one can predict. We never dreamt of this condition, situation. Life has it all, we experience ups and downs all through life. It provides us with great learning experiences, every moment we live, we need to live thinking that tomorrow is the last day of my life....Let me not make anyone unhappy, let me help others, let me learn new things because i might require it wherever I go (after death). let me experience every bit of life and live every bit lively and with positive thinking without expectations.
Papaji has lived life in his own way, never being selfish, have always been pious and honest in his thinking and actions, and now he is breathing his last....What a time...........we have been told he wont survive, doctors have asked us to take him home, put him in hospice care or else keep him here.....Me, Chuttoo and mummy are all looking at him struggling, nurses keep coming asking us if we require anything. There was a nurse, she cried with us, she was telling, Your father is lucky to have family like yours, we told her, we are lucky to have him as father.....I would never ever forget this in my life. I am really lucky that I am with him at his moment of life. Though we all know the truth of life ie Death, however we keep trying running away from this...
Another guy named Charles, who takes care of Hospice care of WellStar was talking to me, telling me about the great Work Ethic indians portray here in US, he was saying Americans had a great work ethic long back and now they have lost it. I really dont know much about it....
What is going to happen next......Dont know......
Papaji was very excited about his US trip, many people our relatives and friends at Bareilly met Mummy and papa ji at bareilly before their departure from BAreilly. Bhaiya (our eldest brother) was there in bareilly, Kaku (my younger brother) came from Lucknow to see them off from bareilly. I could not make it to Bareilly, though baby (my wife) kept saying we should go to bareilly and see them off....Somehow we were not able to get ticketes when I checked and I did not put it in my priority either, otherwise I might have planned it out before. I never thought I would meet them in US and that tooooo in this situation...

When I was packing up while in shillong to come to US, Ritu and chuttoo told me to carry GangaJal,,,,I brought it in two plastic bottles, one very small eye drop bottle and another 200 ml bisleri bottle. At delhi airport I was asked to reduce take it out nd through half of it, i did it. While at New York they again stopped it, asked me to take it out and told me I wont be allowed to carry it, it is not allowed, any liquid substance can not be taken. I pleaded the cause and requested, the security supervisor was nice to me....Allowed it and told me next time I should not do it....I wish there is no next time for this.
When we cant control things we need to accept them as they are.

Who has seen our tomorrow, i mean the next moment of our life...lets us do our best to live life better both in terms of quality and size....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Manipur Diary

Discontinuance of Money Order Service by India Post

Punjab or Panjab